Do you have a tired dresser that needs an update? So did Paint It magazine! In their premiere issue, they gave a lift to a used dresser with the help of stencils and our Metallic Paint Collection. They chose both the Smoke and Warm Silver metallic colors to help add pattern to the drawers and dresser sides as well as some of the legs and trim details. What a beauty she turned out to be!
- Paint your preferred piece with an acrylic primer or latex paint tinted to a similar color as the chosen metallic paint. This will ensure beautiful coverage with our metallic paints.
- Metallic paint can be brushed or rolled on. If rolling a bigger area, adding Extender will help add open working time.
- When rolling metallic paint, always finish by rolling off in the same direction for a shimmery, polished look.
- For a subtle glimmer, consider using Sheer Metallic Colors. They add a beautiful decorative accent over another paint color as they do not cover opaquely.
- Try our Matte Metallics for a glamorous metallic look with a softer glow.
- For added durability, use our MasterClear® Protective Clear Topcoat as it’s formulated to maintain the metallic value of the metallic paints. Most other clear coats dull metallic finishes.
Many thanks to Paint It magazine for the great feature on our metallic paints! You can find your own issue locally at all Barnes & Noble bookstores, supermarkets and Lowe’s, to name a few. For more furniture inspiration, be sure to check out our Pinterest account as well as our Modern Masters on Furniture board. We also have step-by-step Recipe Cards for great finishes with all our products. We hope you’ve been inspired to add luster and shimmer to your projects!